Saturday, July 25, 2009

IF-Idle the Sloth



I thought of so many things when I saw the word for Illustration Friday was Idle. I thought of an idle car, a person lounging on the beach, "idle hands are the devil's playground" and others. But then I really wanted to have something that I could possibly put in my children's illustration portfolio. Then I remembered the sloth, a mammal so idle that vines actually start to grow around this creature. I looked up baby sloth, on google of course, and found the most adorable video! From that I made this illustration and created the vines around it for flair. Let me know what you think. Hope you had a productive week! -Julie

10 comments:

Joy said...

Love the colors and the softness of this -- it really helps define the theme. Cute, too!

Shirley said...

Yes! A sloth is truly idle.. : ) Great illustration!
By the way, I don't think your link on Illustration Friday's link viewer works..check it out...I think there are too many http:// 's when I click on your link, and so it doesn't go through..you might want to repost it.
Have a great week!

Art Fan Ako said...

I like his eyes just looking up at you.

MrBibleHead said...

That is definately the cutest sloth I ahve EVER seen. Nice work. Love his eyes!

Anonymous said...

That is fascinating about the vines growing around the sloth! Who knew.

Absolutely love the color palette and eyes are wonderful.

Thanks for sharing!

Danielle said...

I enjoy this sloth very much! Great color and style.

gisedesign said...

Super original the idea. I was charmed with background too!

Unknown said...

he is so cute! simply adorable! x

Anonymous said...

Lovely illustration. His fur looks so soft.

Kim said...

That's quite sweet. =) Sloths are rather adorable, and I like all the foliage you drew.